October 13, 2008

{Spud Harvest}

Last week Boyd was able to take a ride in a helicopter. It was strange because when they came to pick him up they landed right in front of us in the field. While he was in the air he got some great shots of us digging. It's even my truck in the picture under the digger- so that is fun. It was a little hard to focus on driving when they were hovering above me.



He also got a good shot of the new cellars and yard.


When they were done they landed right by the digger while we were fixing it... too bad the kids weren't up there that morning they would have loved it. I think he had a great time.

This is the inside of one of the new cellars. It looks so good!


This is my favorite picture. It was the last sunset.


We had a great harvest. Everything went great and we were able to finish just before the "lovely" snow. *Thanks for the great pictures Boyd, we love them.

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

I guess you can say I've fallen behind. Did you do all these in one day? I swear I just checked and it was the same old Sissy's birthday post from June. Curious.
So I loved the post about loving your babies. I kept thinking "did someone write this?" obviously you did but it seemed so poetic like it needed to be published. I loved reading it. I tell myself those things everyday and nothing beats having your feelings validated. All I gathered from it was "let your house go to pot, love your babies instead". Perfect. Sounds fine with me.
I do have a better understanding with my second child of how quickly time passes but I'm sure after four you're very adept.
I'll get to the tags asap. They're on my to do list.

District 6 Festival Committee said...

Well, I mostly really mean... be realistc in the things you take on - something always has to give when I do too much. I do not want to live in a nasty house but things like folding the sock basket can wait until later sometimes. When I get "into things" I sometimes get too focused on the thing. Life gets really busy after the kids get in school and have their own activities. I would never thought it to be true until it became my new life. So mostly I was writing all of that for myself. It only takes a few minutes to really make a child feel loved... but my just a minutes can last forever :'(
I am working on that. Infact, I caught myself sushhhing Marly last night. She teared up. I at least caught myself. She was only trying to be near me and help me - I gave her five minutes. She beamed and went to sit with Daddy.

Lindsey said...

I always enjoyed working Harvest in high school. Maybe when the kids are a little bigger Brad will let me come help. and if not, I will have to ask Boyd for a job.