July 19, 2008

{Redfish}

July 9th we left to take the kids to Redfish Lake. We sort of got a late start and then got stopped by a fire out in the dessert by the INL. To make matters way "better" there was an accident where they had blocked the road because of the fire. Before we got there this red car was stopped with a pickup to her left. While waiting the older gentleman got out of the passenger side to watch the fire. (The flames were huge). This white car came flying up and didn't see them all stopped there (how I have no idea) and plowed right into the parked car. THEY HIT HARD. That other pickup and the older gentleman were right there. It is just amazing no one was killed. So, I had a good "Why you need to wear your seat belt" talk with the kids. So, when we got there we had plenty to watch until the fire was out and we could go through. There were plenty of State Troupers and Guardsmen. The kids thought the Guards were cool with their guns strapped on their legs. Then as we traveled the gas just continued to increase in price. Which we expected. But by the time we got to Challis I was starting to be shocked. Marly got out to stretch her legs while Daddy and Ryker went to the gas station. I don't know why I didn't get a picture of our blown trailer tire... it was pretty bad. To make our trip over more exciting it popped on the windy river road where there was no turnout... it was tense for a minute until we found all the right tools to get the spare tire off. In Stanley I took this picture because I wanted to document gas prices ... a moment to remember. It was so fun be with the kids as a family. We had a blast. We went to the end of the lake where the water is running in from the melting snow. To say it was cold is a HUGE understatement. Kent dove in and he pulled a face he has never pulled before when he came up. Marly wanted to jump in and she wanted him to catch her. You could tell he was dying to get out. But she did it- twice actually. All the kids jumped in while we were down there.BRRRR.
They looked so big on the back of the boat just talking to each other and watching the other boats go by. It was such a fun day. Like Father Like Son They had a lot of fun trying to out shoot each other. We all got in on it. Of course they thought that first picture was pretty funny. PS No Kent isn't wearing a white shirt he is really just that white lol !!! Daddy did the sunscreen... nice! Boo-Bug in Daddy's Glasses Well, I finally got up the nerve to jump in. Kent said it wasn't as cold here back closer to the outlet... COLD ENOUGH FOR ME. He snapped this lovely shot but I am posting it to prove that I try to be a fun mom. The kids were surprised that I got in. While I was in there I had Kent lay the girls over the edge of the boat so I could wash their hair. (Marly had gotten gas in hers when we filled the boat which made us really nervous about having her around a camp fire.) Besides the little flies we had such a fun dinner with the kids. By the second day Kent gave in. We had gotten cold and so we headed back to camp. We had a great surprise when we got back. Grandma, Grandpa, Tricia, David & the kids had arrived. So... we went back to the water. Grandpa and Kent took the kids on a hike to the water fall. Saturday was one of those unusually perfect days. No wind, warm air and happy kids all day long. (Not to mention that we have no more diapers at the beach..... YEAH!) Marly loves to jump and jump and jump.... Karsyn and Marcus Hope and Faith Kent tried out the wake board.,. he did great- of course . Charity and Marly Braydon- can you see his tongue in his cheek? Ryker Bethany Marshall Marshall was explaining to us about water in your nose... hilarious! Sweet Treyson walking with Grandma Marly is too tired to smile anymore Ryker is totally worn out. I think that means we had fun. Before we headed home we all went to the waterfall one last time. Marly wanted to touch the water. What a group! The only thing wrong with this trip was that Kent made me back the boat in and out everytime. Until then I had never really backed anything up EVER. I am sure it was a source of ammusement for everyone who was there.

2 comments:

Myklind said...

Wow looks like lots of fun! I cant believe how big the kids are getting. So fun that Kent got to go. Cant wait to see you guys we will be there on the 5th!!

Bethany said...

Thanks so much for the invite... I had so much fun... I wish we could have stayed longer