July 23, 2008

{Pea Pickers}

We went up to the farm to pick peas that Boyd planted on a little piece of ground. They were all way excited... they didn't know how "fun" it was to pick them- it was my little secret. It worked at first and they all had fun but by the end I think they realized pea picking is work and not play. It had just stopped raining when we got there and the view was awesome. The kids always get excited about good rainbow... so do I.


On the way there Marly says "Mommy, I don't think I know what these peas are." After she tried some fresh peas she tells me "I don't think I like these peas much do I Mommy." But before we were done she was eating them as fast as she could.

Kent and the boys dug up some of the red potatoes. I don't think they have done that before either... still small not long now.


Double Rainbow Double Cool

It was a complete double rainbow... from the river to the fields. They don't see the whole arch of a rainbow very often. I was too close to get a picture of the whole thing but it was beautiful. The kids were all excited too see it. Good thing too I would have missed it while I was picking away.


Pea Pickers in the Potatoes




On the way home I took the kids past the Great Feeder. I wanted them to see how fast the water is there and what a miracle Alexa's family has just had. I don't want my kids to be affraid of the water but I want them to be cautious. I wanted to see how high the river is this year too.







We had such a great night. The just rained air smelled so good. It wasn't too hot and the company was great. It is always fun to be with the kids especially when Daddy can come join us for a while.

1 comment:

cortney and neil said...

How fun. I love tricking kids into thinking something is fun, it always amazes me how fast they figure it out though.